works + cramming + Mitch Albom's FPYMIH

So much to my disappointment, (or rather putting up a facade that I'm busy) I got myself into a lot of work. I really haven't got any better in terms of time management. Cramming was my last resort most of the time. In fact, I'm in the middle of my ECE 157 review when I started typing this post. Haaayyy... This is what I call, "time management". It's not my fault realizing that blog posts were already long overdue. I really haven't tried posting for the past six days. I still got tons to do. Lagi naman. Pero ayun, no improvement at all.

I really want to join EMMSC's team building. The problem is, my co-BOD isn't interested in coming. I'm, again, pressured of dealing with other school's BODs without any help. As far as I know, my social skills aren't that strong. Specially now that my energy level is slowly deteriorating due to academic stuffs. I hate what's happening with me right now. If I were to trade off my UP spot with those from not-so-popular schools in terms of academics, I think I would gladly give it(at this point).

Last week, I was able to finish a book authored by Mitch Albom. It's entitled, The Five People You Meet in Heaven. It's a bit inspiring. Nonetheless, the idea of dying gives me creeps. My heart usually throbs the moment I picture myself dying. I value life more than anything. It hurts me when I hear news about innocent people dying. It's inevitable I know. But prolonging it's span would be a great help. I have quoted some lines from the book which I think is very significant of emotionally affecting to one's outlook in life.

"Heaven can be found in the most unlikely corners. And heaven itself has many steps. "

This was what the blue-skinned man told Eddie, the protagonist, when he asked if the place they were on was heaven. It seems that the place was ordinary. It looks like the place where he spent a day or two in his life.

"There are no random acts. That we are all connected. That you can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind."

The blue-skinned man narrated how his life was connected with Eddie's. He died because Eddie lived. 'Not much of a Harry Potter and Lord Voldermort thingy, the man was able to swerve the car to prevent damaging Eddie. This resulted to his fatal car crash.

"The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone."

If I'm not mistaken, this was told to Eddie when he was talking with his Army captain. I really love this line. It speaks so much of me. Most of the time, I always picture myself alone. Little do I know, thinking about it was only a waste of time.

"I took your leg to save your life."

Sacrifices were made to gain something beneficial. Eddie lost his leg for the reason that if the captain didn't shot him, he would've died during their mission in the Philippines. Well, a little note to that, there was a time where the setting was the Philippines. It's a little negative because it talks about war and violence. Nevertheless, Philippines was special mentioned. A hooray for that.

"Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you not really losing it. You're just passing it on to someone else. "

This line came from Eddie's captain. He died when he stepped on a bomb. Being the leader, it was his duty to make way for his subordinates. He saved his subordinates from the bomb while he died. He sacrificed his life. He didn't receive anything precious. But back in his mind, he gifted his men the prize of still possessing their life.

This book was quite inspirational. But, again, it gave me creeps just by having the thought of dying. I guess it was just the mere fact of not knowing where you'll be after that. And of course, I still consider my life incomplete. 'Still hoping that at some point in my life, I will be ready for this dreadful day.

I know I'm learning. Krisha ♥

krisha

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments: