book tripping

I kept myself busy the past few days doing nothing. I call surfing the net with no reason at all and reading books "doing nothing". The thing that actually prevented me from posting was my 2nd machine exercise in EEE 105. We were made to program two problems. One was about subroutines while the other one made use of branching. With all due respect to my professor, I can proudly say that the program was solely made by me without any hands-on help. My professor was quite fast when it comes to lecture. I end up reading an ebook from my phone while he is discussing in class. He discusses really fast that all of us were aghast every time the class comes to an end.

Anyway, since I spent most of my time (currently @-@) reading books, I might as well review the three books I read lately.


The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

The plot was like Florante and Laura. Not that they're in a forest being helpless and such. The story's construction of flashbacks was the same. The story started as Noah, aged 70+, reads the contents of his notebook to an old woman. Then, the flashback starts. It pictures out young Noah reminiscing the summer of six years, if my memory serves me right, ago. He explicitly remembers his love, Allie - the moments, the incredible experiences and the love they've shared. It was pure boredom and futility going along his life without her. He doesn't really remember if he's stiff with other women, but he knows there's no one who would make her feel the same way like Allie does. Until one day, the big surprise in his life came when Allie appeared right in front of his porch. She was carrying an article that featured him. The said article served as Allie's map to find his place which she actually knows where, from the beginning. The house was a part of their wonderful summer together. With so much longing, they held each other for a while. It was later that found out that she was already engaged and his fiancé` was about to go in where they're staying. The flashback ended with Allie going to meet and talk with his fiancé. The old woman from the present asked old Noah whom she chose. Noah just answered that she'll know some time. As the story progresses, it was then revealed that the old woman was Allie. She suffered from Alzheimer’s which cost her memory. Fortunately, the last part suggested (not completely narrated) that Allie remembered Noah and began to make love with each other again. This part kind of raised my brow due to the reason that both of them are already in their 70s. Why make love?


Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks

Sparks' novels are always in the man's point of view. The story commenced narrating Langdon Carter's I'm-cool-and-I-don't-care attitude. Since childhood he found Sullivans, Hegbert and his daughter Jamie weird. In his thinking, he'll not like them in even if the world will rotate the other way around. He finds himself sulking in this idea until he knew Jamie more. At first, he thought him helping Jamie was just out of his league. Not until he was doing it on his own will and actually enjoying it when he realized that Jamie Sullivan is not that boring at all. And when the play, which Jamie force asked him to play the lead, that he saw the beauty of Jamie. From there on, he finds himself happy spending time with her. It gave him the realization that he was in fact in love with Jamie. The conflict started when he found out that Jamie was diagnosed with Leukemia. She only has few months to live. Even though he was burdened by this thought, he showed nothing but love to her. She mentioned in the past that her greatest dream was to get married. And, he gave her that. The story ended with him alone and still loves Jamie, the one who changed his heart.


Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

The story revolves around the life of Rebecca Bloomwood, a financial journalist that is stuck with a very huge debt with banks that provide her with credit cards. She's actually facing a huge problem when it comes to purchasing. She actually goes shopping like there's a reason to panic buy. Rebecca or Becky, what others call her, tends to overspend. She spends around 170++ pounds a day. She goes gaga over sales and promos. The first step she took was to cut back. It failed with Rebecca always thinking that everything serves an investment. She formulates something that may help her cut back but it costs her a lot more. The second step was making more money. She tried being a sales lady who gave her a clothing line haven she could spend her whole Saturday and also a discount dedicated for its employees. Nevertheless, she failed again. Now, she faces the trouble of being hunted by the banks. Phone calls and reminders where everywhere but she kept her ears closed.

I'm not yet finished reading this. So I might go now and finish it. Being able to read this three makes me proud. I'm not a bookish person but now, I'm enjoying it. I really hope tomorrow will be a productive day for me. =)

I'm different. Krisha ♥

krisha

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments: