most traveled + inception

*post was meant for July 22

I realized that this week is the week where I traveled the most. I reached a lot of places due to non-academic stuffs. Enumerating all,

1. Pamantasan ng Lungsod Pasig - July 18
2. Krispy Kreme Valero, Ayala Branch - July 19
3. Claret School of Quezon City - July 20
4. Krus na Ligas Highscholl - July 20
5. Ateneo de Manila University - July 20
6. Miriam College - July 20
7. BPI UP Village Branch - July 22
8. SM North Edsa - July 22

Is UP counted? Haha! =) I was productive this week. The downside was it's not academic-wise. IECEP-EMMSC meeting was held in Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Pasig of PLP last July 18. Kindly refer to my July 21 post at around two am for further details. Moving on, Nons and I made our way to Krispy Kreme Valero branch to be part of the first 100 customers of the said branch. We acquired a month supply of Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnuts and 31 cups of coffee just by falling in line. 'cool huh? Again, see my July 21 post for further reference.

On the other hand, I forgot to mention things regarding my trip last July 19 to the above mentioned schools. I was able to visit four schools near UP. Invitations were sent out by yours truly for UP IECEP's big big project, Electronics Meets Art. Fortunately, the school officials who entertained me were nice and accommodating. My first stop that day was Claret. I rode a jeep going to Philcoa and took a tricycle (for 18php) going there. The administrator received the invitation. I was optimistic with her reply, "We'll contact you as soon as we already gathered our participants." Second on my itinerary was Krus na Ligas Highschool. I rode a tricycle that made me a bit temperamental due to the driver's overpricing. He was asking me P25 for a very short ride. (This is still not the worst. In the later of this post you'll see a monstrous overpricing act I experienced today.) The school was really in ruckus. Students were all over the place. The only place I can consider "organized" was the principal's office. In fairness, it was air-conditioned, not to mention the fact that it is a public school. Next stop was Ateneo Highschool. I showed a tough side of mine when I walked from the gate all the way to the Highschool building. I was advised to take a tricycle but I opt to walk. I WAS WRONG. I should've taken a tricycle coz it was a very LONG walk. Nonetheless, I successfully delivered the invitation and proceeded to my last stop which was Miriam College. For the nth time, I walked my way through the high school building. It wasn't as far as Ateneo's but its tiring.

This morning, our EEE 100 professor didn't show up. It was already the 3rd time that he didn't stick his face out. I utilized the time to deposit IECEP-EMMSC renewal fees and GA ticket payments. 'Good thing there was a BPI branch at UP Village. It was near yet I spend more moolah. I should've just went to Quezon Ave for only 20php. Anyhow, I successfully deposited 4755php on IECEP Inc's account. On my way back, I tried to ask the tricycle fare. To my surprise the driver priced me 40php. FORTY PESOS?! What was that?! I took a tricycle for 25php going there and now he's telling be that going back costs 40php?! That's insane! 'For the love of Spongebob! And to my might, we settled at 30php. I really understand their situation. I know I'm more fortunate than them. But, fooling other people just to gain for yourself is not a right practice. It's unforgivable for me. And besides, I'm still a student. Why price that big?!


Inception ticket, SM North Edsa

Later this afternoon, Doc M suprised us with a good/bad news (it depends on how we'll weigh it). For us it was good because our exam, supposedly this Saturday, was moved next week, July 31. It was a big thumbs up for all of us for the reason that most of us still have not reviewed a thing. *cough* Am I counted? *cough* With this, Nina and April had the idea to celebrate. What a way to celebrate? SM North was our stress relieving place this night. We watched the movie "Inception" starring Leonardo Di Caprio. I think it's nice. The problem was, the plot was very complex. My brainwaves can't completely decode the ideas related by the movie. The movie was about dreaming and its different stages. It was like dreaming on your dream. On the first scenes, the way to get out on your dream was to finish the alloted time or die in the dream setting. However, they were able to come up with an idea of multi-level dreams. They were able to enter they're subconscious mind or dream to the fourth degree. Most of the film talks about ideas. The idea about inception was also tackled. And, how Cobb, Di Caprio, deals with the loss of his wife due to misunderstanding reality and dream. His wife committed suicide because of the belief that she still exists in a dream and needs to go back to the real world. The movie ends with Cobb, reuniting with his kids and spins the top. The top is the key of knowing if you're in the real world of just dreaming. It doesn't stop spinnning if you're in a dream, otherwise you're in the real world. The last frame was focused on the top spinning. It keeps on spinning and reached the point where it wiggled. Then, the movie was cut, leaving the viewers the question whether cobb was already in reality or still dreaming.

There were a lot of questions in our mind at the end of the movie. Some things can't be resolved by just watching the movie. I think the only way to know the "truth" was to talk with the writer and discuss every scene. That sounds intellectual. =)

Haaaaayyy... It feels really great having your exam moved. It's like, "parang natanggal yung tinik sa dibdib ko" in tagalog. Super enjoy! This is a really a great week (except for spending so much).


Rice cracker I bought.
Ate tindera says that it's the same like those in Korea. =)

Krisha loves it. ♥

krisha

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments: