declining the nomination

Deciding to decline is not something that shows cowardice. It just shows that you put on so much effort in thinking about solving a mind-buggling problem. You considered every detail that your decision may affect. You may not please everyone’s mindset but you know in yourself that your decision would truly make you happy.

Yes, yesterday I “unofficially” declined the nomination for UP IECEP’s Vice President position. Nat texted and asked whether I will run or not. He told me that he is planning to run for the position given that I will not run. He thinks that I am more capable and experienced than him in handling positions in the said org. Being an indecisive me, I told him that it is better for him to run than me. This is due to the sole fact that I am unsure while he is. I think that an organization run by a concrete decision maker such as him would be better of than being run by an unsure Vice President like me.

I have talked to Jusey about this day before the other. It was before Nat was nominated and I was glad to see another name (Jusey’s) in the nomination list. I told him that I will not run for the position if he would not back out. He told me that he will as long as there are no other people who will battle against him. Now, my mind is bugging me about the declining issue. Does it sound like I am weak? Yes, I know some parts of are weak. I am not a good team player and I am not a good leader. It sound like I am pushing myself down. What can I do? It is what I am. Who else knows my self more than me? Right?

Ate Rach was pep-talking me. She tells me that I have the ability but I just don’t have the confidence. Yes! That’s it! I don’t have the confidence to run. So, why bother running? If UP IECEP will be run by someone who is not confident for who she is, then what future might be ahead for the organization. I know it sounds rubbish. Why won’t I try? Based on experience, handling such position is a rigorous task. I am not escaping the work. The work just wants to escape from me. Believe me. It will.

Since I have three minutes left, I just wanted to express my chaotic feeling about this. I have already experienced this last year. I don’t have any plans of running for secretary. But, I did. Why? I know that I can deliver when I am elected in that position. But right now, delivery just seems to be a word that can be associated by the number 8-7000 and 911-11-11.

I will not escape from work nor lay a support on UP IECEP. I will continue to become a productive member in my own way. I can work with something as long as I know and enjoy what I am doing. The Vice President position is just not my line and happy place. At the end of the day, I know UP IECEP will be better off with me being a supporting member and an IECEP – EMMSC Board of Director as I was planning for next year.

May God bless my decision.

Krisha

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments: