5-month Roller Coaster Ride


For almost six months, without notice, I have been on hiatus. Many major events in my life have transpired over the period. There were lows and ups. For every event that crushed my self-confidence, I remained optimistic with the help of loving people around me. Okay, I'll start telling my stories in specific. But hey, admit it! I'm good in sharing my thoughts in general. Everything sounds metaphorical to me and I enjoy it.

My life's essay may be boiled down to the following keywords: work, board exam and love life. Let's start with the first one, work. The first two weeks of my training in Canon flew like a breeze. There were no problems and I thought I was doing great. I had high marks during the exercises and written exams. My self-confidence flew up the moment we left the training area. Then, we were brought in the "battlefield". Here I met great people who comprise the section I am in. Roughly two weeks of job-specific training was provided to us new hires. I now I did well in the fundamentals but it's not enough.

Work

I resigned and left the office in just a blink of an eye. The feeling of being crushed and suffocated were very evident the week before I cried my heart out and asked my parents to help me leave the company. I am such a cry baby. I didn't imagine my self being in that suffocating environment, not mentioning that I am only a fresh graduate. The contract did not allow me to JUST leave the company. Unfortunately, I am one of the poor souls who signed their contract to hell and stay there for two years. TWO FULL YEARS. But, as what many people say, there is always a way out. MONEY. The bond/contract I signed stated that the contract may be terminated even without two years provided that the employee pays an amount not exceeding P200,000. SERYOSO?! Ganun kalaki? I am really really desperate to get out of the company. Parang nagkaroon na nga ako ng phobia even with something that is just indirectly related to Canon. I needed to bail out. I told my parents that I am desparate enough to borrow some money and pay for it in my next work. MUST GET OUT OF THE COMPANY. 

Without second thought, my parents supported my decision. They shouldered the full amount and paid it in cold cash. As a spoiled daughter (siguro) I am very much determined to pay the amount. I am even telling my self that whatever the amount my parents saved in sending me to college, I took it all after graduating. Right now, I am happy. There are no regrets at all. I am happy that even if my employment record was scarred, I was able to leave that cruel place. Fortunately, I got accepted in Smart. I am starting this Nov 16. My position is Business Analyst but in the Technical side of the Internal Revenue Management division of SMART. Great company. Great owner. Hopefully, great management and people. I will definitely do my best this time.

Board Exam

Board exam review has been very tiring. I kept on sitting on some review sessions of PERCDC during the weekdays since I am already free (jobless). I continued my review in Excel during the weekends. The coaching sessions drains my brain. INTENSE DRAIN. My classmates, on the other hand, were skeptical why I am present during the weekday sessions. I keep on telling them that I am on leave. I avoided their questions and just focused on the review lessons. The coaching sessions on both review centers were worth it. Yes, it is. With this, I SUCCESSFULLY PASSED THE ECE BOARD EXAM. The passing rate is around 50+%. 2,500+ newly licensed Electronics Engineers in the Philippines are now spreading their knowledge.

Love Life

Single since birth no more. Yun na ang peg ko ngayon. Yes, officially I have my very first boyfriend. And during the course of typing this blog, he's with me in my dumb phone. I had my second sim in Sun. Sun really has these great plans. Their prepaid plans are very affordble. I can now text him 24/7 for 30 days in just P150. Isn't that great? Well here's our story.

He told me that he first noticed me in Food Junction, Eastwood during our lunch time. He was alone on his table and suddenly I asked if one of the seats are taken (might be crowded on our table). I got on of the seats in his table. First encounter accomplished. Then people started teasing me about him, well as far as I know he's from the hardware engineering department. Mark, a friend of mine, even told me that he got close with them since he's friendly to all new hires. Okay, pogi points plus one. ;) For weeks it was pure teasing from Mark, Kervin, kuya Nivs and hardware new hires. We got the chance to talk when I accepted his Facebook friend request exactly at his birthday. And as a good friend, I posted in his timeline "Happy Birthday! =)" like I usually do. He messaged me telling me thank you and I replied with "you're welcome". We started talking about the board exam and how he can help me with some materials he has. From then on, we started talking in the e-mail system of Canon. It was three weeks before he finally asked for my number. It's great for me. Giving out your private mobile number is something not to be done immediately. He passed that test. Another smiley for that :) He kept on waiting for me after the shift until he finally told me that he likes me. It was this rainy night in Eastwood when we decided to just eat in Reyes Barbeque Cybermall. He held my hand and asked me if he can court me. Okay. Work + board exam review + courtship = disaster. That's what I thought that moment. With that, I asked him if he could wait until the board exam finishes. He said, he will. Few days passed and I was this stressed out monster due to work, I told him that I want to leave Canon. I don't know but he cried. He thought that everything will change but in fact it got a lot better. He still pursued me after I left Canon. He was nice and earned the trust of my parents. Further on, he earned my heart. Everything is okay other than my board exam. The fact that he waited until I passed the board made him deserving to be my first boyfriend. I answered him last October 26 making it our Anniversary date. Hopefully, this relationship will be my first until forever. <3

Basically, I did not forget to have fun these past few months. Here are some events that distracted me with the bad vibes I incurred. I am truly grateful that I have my parents, Paul and my friends to help me during the trials I encountered. A big hug and thanks to them.

What: Independence Day Skating
When: June 12, 2012 Tuesday
Where: Mall of Asia Ice Skating Rink
Who: BondEEEs + Ronel + Mia

We enjoyed the no-work holiday by skating our hearts out at SM Mall of Asia Ice Skating Rink. All of us are newbies. Everyone held in the rink's corners. After a few glides and turns, SOME of us were able to skate properly. It was a whole day of fun and laughter with my beloved friends. 

























What: Nina's Despidida
When: October 22, 2012 Monday
Where: Holy Cow, SM Mega Mall Atrium
Who: BondEEEs

Nina's already off to Toshiba Japan. Of course, what a way to leave the country but to treat your friends in a hearty dinner. All BondEEEs member are wishing her goodluck. I hope that she finds a great place in Japan to stay. Ganbatte Nina!
























What: GB Girls Reunion
When: October 24, 2012 Wednesday
Where: Greenbelt
Who: Nons + Val + I + Paul

It's been what? 6 months since I last saw these two creepy creatures. Kidding aside, I was so happy to be able to meet my two previous roommates/highschoolmates/collegemates/bestfriends. Nons's is already in Ateneo Law while Val spends her workdays in Ayala. I'll be seeing her a lot in the next months since I am working in Paseo for Smart.






What: Post Board Exam Passing Blow-out
When: October 26, 2012 Friday
Where: Festival Supermall
Who: Inhenyero subscribers

And yes, I passed the board exam. What's next? Paul met my parents long before I even took the exam. What's this meet up? My mom wanted to celebrate. She invited Paul since she likes him. This day was also the day that I said yes to him. He's now officially my boyfriend.





Krisha

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments: