things to ponder on + lots of fun activities

Hi! It's Krisha signing in again. Yes, I think I am blogging once a month. As much as I would like to regularly maintain this blog, I have succumbed to the idea that I am too busy in my thesis to type in my wonderful experiences in life. Lately, I have been a fan of positivity. I write "things to thank for" in my handy dandy notebook. This, I will read at the end of the year or so. It is to remind myself of how lucky I am being me despite all the stresses in life I have.

Tomorrow will be the halfway report documentation submission. Yes, it's halfway but we are not yet there. The program we are compiling is not working the way we want it to be. Invalid packets were encountered and thus, faulty program code. This undergraduate project will be our ticket for graduation. And yes, I have been slacking ever since day 1. It is not my nature to be determined at work. But hey, I'm trying. Nina, my partner, has been a hard worker in this project. Sometimes, I just feel guilty about slacking in this project. Nonetheless, I am still hoping for the better. We are not the onle ones who have not yet reached the halfway deliverables. I know we will finish this task as soon as we find the right amount of hardwork and perseverance as well the blessing of Him almighty.

Since my last blog post was way back in Dec 11 last year, I would like to greet my blog a, HAPPY NEW YEAR! It's 2012 and new things are bound for us to discover. It is the year which I consider as my turning point. I am graduating this April. FINISHING SCHOOL will be the best gift that I may provide my parents with. I suppose they will be more proud as soon as I achieve this milestone. <3

Here are some excerpts in my life that I would gladly repeat because participating in these events have truly made my life one step ahead of my expectations.

What: Chipmunks shoot after Videoke
When: December 5, 2011 Monday
Where: Trinoma
Who: BondEEEs

These are my bestfriends in college. How many times have I typed in this blog that I uber love these guys. It is just a normal day after our 198 class. We just decided to hang-out. We are just so happy to take pictures with the chipmunks. In fact, I think I am inlove with Theodore! Kidding aside, I think these huge chipmunk models were amusing and fun to pose with!

credits to Hazel for the pictures










What: Toshiba 1st Interview
When: December 10, 2011 Saturday
Where: Glorietta/Ascott Hotel
Who: Toshiba interiewers & Nina

We were called back after submitting an online form with our resumes attached on it. It was my first ever formal interview for employment. I have been interviewwed before in BitMICRO but it is for on-the-job training only. I thought this interview flopped. My morale was not down but I felt that I was not good enough. I just kept comforting myself by thinking that this just my first interview ever. That interview present the best me that I can be. Nonetheless, more about Toshiba employment later.




What: Engineering week Awitan 2011
When: December 12, 2011 Monday
Where: The Convenarium at Crossroad 77 Convention Center, Quezon city
Who: UP Engg organizations

I attended this event last Engineering Week to watch different orgs in Engg (with guests from JPIA) showcase their talent in chorale singing. My bet was ofcourse my org in EEE, UP Circuit. They were last year's 1st runner up winner. We were hoping that they would win this time given that their voices are really great. Really great compare with... However, Circuit won 1st runner up again. Not bad since their Abba song rendition was not that good. Their Deck the Halls was soooo great, I tell you! The winners were UP cursor, UP Circuit and UP Alchemes (2nd runner up, 1st runner up and champion respectively).

credits to UP KEM for the pictures










What: WCEL Christmas Party
When: December 14, 2011 Tuesday
Where: Bulwagang Tandang Sora
Who: wonderful WCEL people

Every Christmas, the laboratory I am affiliated with conducts a party. The very next day from a lack of sleep Awitan, WCEL christmas party pushed through. Another reason of gaining the next level in my eyebags (there are more to come -__-). I had fun with the games and overflowing food. The usual me, pigging out with a lot of food choices in the dining table. I really hope the applicants had fun too, not feeling isolated since they are just applicants. Truly a wonderful party *thumbs up!*

credits to Mark B for the pictures










What: Engineering week Indakan 2011
When: December 14, 2011 Wednesday
Where: Henry Irwin Lee Theater, Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon city
Who: UP Engg organizations

Another Engineering week event was Indakan. This is the event that I usually participate and put efforts into. However, I was not able to join IndaCKTors, the official dance group of UP Circuit, in achieving the goal of taking home the Indakan crown. This was a fun experience since Circuit, usually placing 6th in ranking, got through in the challenge round. This round was created to let the dance groups show their creativity using props related to magic. The results from the first round (suspectedly) show that UP Circuit ranked first in the whole bunch. Like, WHOA?! They are really great I tell you. My high expectations (due to an uber expensive choreagrapher billing) were met. I appluad them for that. However, in the challenge round, they ranked 4th. Still, my best cheer will be for them. The winners were UP KEM, IE CLUB and UP CIEM. KEM dancers were crying because they were hoping for the title which has been theirs for 6 years straight.

credits to UP ACES for the pictures










What: 07 Christmas Party
When: December 16, 2011 Friday
Where: Bamba's Residence
Who: Circuit 07

I am not that active in Circuit 07 activities. In fact, this was the first party I attended to. did not even participate in the exchange gift. I am not that close with my batchmates but they are my friends. The party was not bad. I actually enjoyed their company. Many are welcoming even if I am not that close with them. I enjoyed this party much much more than I expect I would have. If I am asked again if I will attend such parties, this time I know I will.

credits to Erwin, Anna and Carl for the pictures










What: UP Lantern Parade
When: December 16, 2011 Friday
Where: UP Acad Oval
Who: Everyone who want to view the wonderful event!

After the Christmas party with my batchmates, we immediately went to UP to participate (watch, for me) the annual Lantern parade. The colleges showed off their floats/lanterns and let the people know what they got. It was fun watching the floats do silly and surprising things. Even after graduation, I would still visit UP for this.















What: Late night until morning fun
When: December 16-17, 2011 Friday-Saturday
Where: Pork Barrel/Beth's residence, Antipolo
Who: Hazel, Cid, April, Ronel, Erika, Greggy and Beth

I do not have pictures supporting this one. What I just captured was the view provided by the place. Of course, we had drinks along with little videoke jamming. OK A LOT of videoke jamming. We even danced in the roof top since there were no people using it. We feel like it was a club. Beth even suggested that we go to a real club next time. Of course there will be a next time! Fun fun fun when I am with these guys.

What: Gala and Shopping with BFF Kim
When: December 17, 2011 Saturday
Where: Powerplant Mall/Glorietta
Who: Kim and I

I really do not have supporting pictures for this. What I do know is that this activity made me shop for three pieces but let my spend off 3500php. I purchased an 800php Kamiseta blouse, 1025php Forever 21 formal top (great for reporting and interviews) and 1000php Figlia black heels. Why 3500php? I can't remember the other 400php but my lunch cost me around 300php for a hearty seafood pasta and fresh milk from Dulcinea. I had fun conversing with Kim about life and struggles in school while she was having a good time in SC Johnson undergoing on-the-job training. We also talked about her crush which is a professor in DLSU. It looks like she's serious with this one, the same with that she had with Dax. I really hope better things in life for my BFF Kim.

What: Engineering Week Miss Engg 2011
When: December 17, 2011 Saturday
Where: University Theater
Who: UP Engg organizations

I left early due to Miss Engineering 2011 event, the last event for the Eng'g week. The incumbent Miss Engg was from my org, UP Circuit. We were hoping to regain the crown this year, placing Joec as our Miss Circuit. I tell you, the candidates were all dashing with the outfits they are wearing. It seems like they are more beautiful than women! MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN ME! Nahiya naman ako sa balat ko. JK. Or not? LOL We did not win but I don't care. The important part of competing is enjoying. Right? It may sound like I am sourgraping but I'm not. I am part of Joec and even the other contestants that have challenged themselves to transform from full-grown men to dashing elegant ladies. I just can forget my girl crush Miss GPs. I just had a crush on him when he transformed as a girl, somewhat resembling Melissa Ricks. This is why people call him Elisa and even joke that they found Elisa due to the show, "Nasan ka Elisa". LOL-ing on that.

credits to ESC for the pictures















What: Hazel's 21st Birthday Blowout
When: January 3, 2012 Tuesday
Where: Flavors of China Trinoma
Who: BondEEEs

First BondEEEs event of the year. Starting the year right is important for BondEEEs. Or better yet, bonding at the start of the year is very much needed for stressed minds of BondEEEs members? Of course, we had fun again singing our hearts out. Seems like Timezone Trinoma was our group's McLaren's pub. Hazel treated us and we gave her a gift (Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom) in return. The food in flavors of China were great. It was quite pricey but, it's no big deal. It's a treat. I don't have to worry about it. Haha!




















What: Toshiba 2nd Interview
When: January 21, 2012 Saturday
Where: Glorietta/Ascott Hotel
Who: Toshiba interviewers

From January 3, we jumped in January 21. Guess why? The answer is just one word. Six letters. THESIS. Yes, we are constantly bugged by our thesis. However, this is not the part where I should rant about it. Fortunately, I was called back in Toshiba. Didn't expect that though. I am so excited... in wearing this outfit. Haha! I have been a fan of formal shirts nowadays due to numerous interviews for employment, events and reports. I am already investing on these formal clothes rather than t-shirts since I am already graduating. The presentation was good. However, there are times when I can hardly understand what my Japanese interviewers are saying. The HR personnel is the only one who can speak English well. I just based my answers through the context clues given by the words that my interviewers were saying. Nonetheless, the interviewers are so nice! I guess Japanese people are that nice. I appluad them for that. They are kind enough to listen and nod with my speech or answers. With this, I have been thinking if I should pursue this career in Japan. Let's see where I will get from here.




So that's it. I wrote this post for almost two hours. I really attended to many events. It was quite a blog post. I really hope something wonderful would happen this 2012. I hope for lesser negativities in life. And of course, a successful undergraduate project and elective subject for a secured graduation this April.

Spreading the love. Krisha

Krisha

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments: