Electronics Meets Art 2011 + Seoul Garden Experience + Mamsi Cha's Graduation Blowout

It's been a month. I guess I should change this blog's title to a blog post a "month" makes the troubles go away. Nonetheless, I am still here making this post, still hopeful for the best in life. I have been pigging out for a couple of days. No, slash that. Make that two weeks, a fortnight. I have been enjoying the company of junk foods (normal healthy foods that became junk because of over-eating). I have also been a computer couch potato for two weeks. Nevertheless, I still got a dose of sunlight once every week - Seoul Garden treat and Mamsi Cha's Graduation Blowout. Both were fun events. I really enjoyed a lot.

I have been working a lot these days. I just finished a 96-article assignment given by my employer. The original rate indicated was 100php per article. However, she just told me a while ago that it was a misinfo. It is still 80php. I thought I got a raise. =( Boo for that. After the assignment's completion, I am expecting around 7600php in my paypal account. Yay for that nonetheless.

We just finished our project proposal. Fortunately, the panel or just "a member" of the panel was affirmative with it. Just as we thought he would be a tough nut to crack, Doc Ocampo was positive in our project. He was even smiling the whole time he was suggesting things to improve our project. He was cool and fatherly. I even told my friends and co-190 takers that he is not one faculty that should be feared. Maybe he just had an exciting night with his wife. Jusey and Hazel, on the other hand, got quite burnt up by Doc Alarcon. He was really mean. Even his advisees were required to repropose due to his works.

The incident happened when he grilled Hazel and Jusey while proposing their project. They were proposing energy harvester of a very large band. There was a huge doubt about the project due to its feasibility. Doc Marciano, our institute's director, is their adviser. He was positive about the project because he wants to "try it out". The project is bound for investigation. His reason for proposing it is for the sole purpose of discovery if it can be done or not. They would not persecute the proponents if the project does not materialize in the end of ECE 198. However, Doc Alarcon is so into "feasibility" that he somewhat disregarded the purpose of investigation which issues learning. This matter quite strengthen when Doc M, who was not able to come in his advisees defense, appeared in EEE. It is quite a drama to see two great minds clashing because of their intense brains. It is like Pacquiao and Marquez shaped like a brain fighting off the ring.

Here are some highlights of the month of October.

The flagship project of UP IECEP was held last October 13-15. Our organization conducted an art exhibit/competition for High School students entitled Electronics Meets Art. The artworks are made out of junk electronic scrap materials. They revolve in the theme, "Icon of the Future". The students were tasked to create a masterpiece which showcases a certain icon that highly embodies their vision of the future. The icons they produced were quite amazing. At their age, I cannot even lift a finger to make an artwork. I am not an artsy person. (Maybe that's why I took Engineering. Tee'hee) Here are some pictures taken during the exhibit and program.

It's my first time to head an event's program. I really made SO MANY mistakes. I admitted them all after. I had too many overlooked stuffs that were quite essential in the program. However, I will give myself a 6. Greater than the average but not too much. I exerted effort and did most of the required things to do. I am proud of the result whatever downsides we experienced.

when: October 13-15, 2011 Thursday-Saturday
where: SM North Edsa Annex (across Penshoppe)
who: UP IECEP






































The two weeks of my sembreak was dedicated for my work. Nonetheless, I did not forget to have fun with my prized friends that I really really love. Second from my family of course. No. They are part of my family ever since then. Last October 19, we had a lot of fun (and food) in Seoul Garden. It's fun to eat food you cooked. And besides, the flavors were well thought of. There are coffee flavored pork and chicken. In fairness, they taste well. The drinks and desserts were unlimited too. Our 399php per plate was really SULIT! The best Korean food experience once may have. Here are some pictures of this festive event.

When: October 19, 2011 Wednesday
Where: Seoul Garden, SM North Edsa Annex
Who: BondEEEs















I had a lot of fun too last October 26 at ATC. After quite a long time, I have visited ATC once again. Mamsi celebrated her college graduation with us. It was FUN! We ate our hearts out at T.G.I. Friday's. We watched Praybeyt Benjamin after which cost us too many laughs. It was so expensive throughout the movie in "laugh" monetary unit. The highlight of the day was the exciting battle in Lazer Tag! SOOOO FUN and thrilling experience! I hope to have another battle soon. It was also my first time to try Serenitea. Moonleaf is still my top choice of milk teas. We had a lot of fun playing Tekken in Timezone too. Here are the pictures we had in Snapshot machine. Mamsi would still not upload the pictures. =( I hope she uploads it soon.

when: October 26, 2011 Wednesday
where: Alabang Town Center
who: UPD Lypaips (except Gee and Nons)



I hope next semester will be much better. I have 8 units left before graduation. I hope I will do well with breeze. =)

When it's just not there, you can't force it. HIMYM S07E08

Krisha

Krisha

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments: